Director of Business Development
Applegate & Dillman Elder Law is growing again! Our firm is looking for a high-energy, strategic individual with a self-starter attitude to lead our Business Development team.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for identifying, nurturing and acquiring new clients and business opportunities to drive growth and meet profitability goals of the firm. This person will create and implement marketing strategies to generate quality leads, requiring experience in networking, advertising, content marketing and thought leadership, email marketing, keyword search/SEO, event management and more.
This position will also identify, educate and guide strategic partnerships and referral relationships within the community. They will need to be highly organized with excellent communication and negotiation skills, as these relationships are vital to health and success of the business.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for managing our Intake team and developing strategies to improve customer acquisition and retention. This person has excellent interpersonal skills, and should be willing to lead a cross-functional department that collaborates with all other areas of the firm.
This position will require being staffed between our three locations: Indianapolis, Carmel and Zionsville. Candidate must be willing and able to work from any of the three locations at any given point.
- Strategic planning to develop and enact long-term growth strategies
- Creating and implementing multi-faceted marketing through relationships, digital marketing, events, media and more
- Building relationships with vendors, strategic partners and community influencers
- Conducting market research to identify new target audiences and recommending and implementing strategies to expand into these markets
- Internal and external relationship management
- Researching industry trends and recommending new service lines to meet customer needs
- Developing in-depth knowledge of firm’s services to identify new business opportunities and educate others on services we provide
- 7-10 years of Business Development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business administration, communications, or related field.
- Experience in senior services is preferred.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications.
- Excellent analytical, creative problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Detail-oriented and persuasive.
2344 S. Tibbs Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46241
140 N. Rangeline Road, Carmel, IN 46032
1120 W. Oak Street, Suite 150, Zionsville, IN 46077
To Apply for this position, please submit resume, writing sample and cover email to Director of Human Resources, Erin Rode, at email@example.com